top

Co-op Education of Water Environment Technical Program between China, Japan and South Korea Universities

Information Sources: 暂无 Release date: 2015-03-21 Views:

Three  students have been selected to participate in the project and two of them  have got the master's degree in Nagasaki University.


Historical Sketch of Nagasaki University

On November 12, 1857, Dutch army surgeon Pompe van Meerdervoort initiated medical lectures in the Dutch language to government doctor Ryojyun Matsumoto and11other persons. This medical school called Igaku Denshusho is the origin of today's School of Medicine as well as Nagasaki University.


DateContent
1857.11Igaku Denshusho was established
1860Yojosho (Sanatorium) was established for citizens with the facilities for the hospital, chemical, pharmaceutics, library, autopsy, and clinical training. (origin of today's University Hospital of Medicine and Dentistry)
1861.9Yojosho (Sanatorium) was improved and Igakusho was built next to it. (Facilities for medical education institution were completed.)
1865Yojosho (Sanatorium) was renamed Seitokukan School of Medicine. In October, Bunseki Kyurijyo (educational institution to teach basic science including physics and chemistry) was established.
1868.10Seitokukan School of Medicine was renamed the Nagasaki City School of Medicine.
1869Nagasaki City School of Medicine was renamed Nagasaki Prefectural School of Medicine.
1871.10The Ministry of Education held jurisdiction over Nagasaki Prefectural School of Medicine and changed its name to National Nagasaki Medical School.
1874Due to troop deployment in Taiwan, education function of National Nagasaki Medical School was discontinued whereas hospital function was transferred to the branch hospital.
1874.2National Nagasaki Normal School was established.
1874.3Nagasaki Elementary School Teacher Training Center was established.
1875Due to the completion of troop deployment in Taiwan, buildings of the branch hospital were transferred to Nagasaki Prefecture.With a subsidy from the Japanese government, Nagasaki Hospital was established.
1875.2Nagasaki Elementary School Teacher Training Center was renamed Training Center.
1875.11Elementary School affiliated with National Nagasaki Normal School was established.
1876.1Training Center was renamed Training Center for Elementary School Teacher.
1876.5Training Center for Elementary School Teacher was renamed Nagasaki Prefectural Normal School.
1876.6Nagasaki Hospital Medical Training Center was established in Nagasaki Hospital to resume medical education.
1877.4Nagasaki Prefectural Normal School was renamed Kiyo Normal School.
1878.1Nagasaki Hospital Medical Training Center was renamed Nagasaki Medical School.
1878.2National Nagasaki Normal School was discontinued. Its buildings and equipment were transferred to Nagasaki Prefecture.
1878.6Kiyo Normal School was renamed Nagasaki Normal School.
1879.1Nagasaki Medical School became prefectural and had Nagasaki Hospital become its affiliated school.
1883According to the Ordinance of the Ministry of Education, Nagasaki Medical School was designated as a Class A medical school. (Medical license could be granted after graduation without taking national examinations. Only 13 such schools existed in Japan.)
1884.6Nagasaki PrefecturalWomen's Normal School was established.
1886.4Nagasaki PrefecturalWomen's Normal School merged with Nagasaki Normal School and established itsWomen's Branch.
1886.6Nagasaki Normal School,Women's Branch established its affiliated kindergarten.
1886.6According to the Normal School Ordinance, Nagasaki Normal School was renamed Nagasaki Prefectural Normal School for Primary Education.
1887.8According to the Higher Middle School Ordinance, the Fifth Higher Middle School, Department of Medicine was established. Nagasaki Medical School was discontinued in September.
1890.6The Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences was established in the Fifth Higher Middle School, Department of Medicine. (origin of today's School of Pharmaceutical Sciences)
1891.9The Fifth Higher Middle School, Department of Medicine and its Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences were relocated to a new building in UrakamiYamazato-mura, Nishisonogi-gun. (origin of the later establishment of Sakamoto Campus)
1894.9According to the Higher School Ordinance, the Fifth Higher Middle School, Department of Medicine and its Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences were renamed the Fifth Higher School, Department of Medicine and its Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, respectively.
1898.4According to the Teacher Education Ordinance, Nagasaki Prefectural Normal School for Primary Education was renamed Nagasaki Prefectural Normal School.
1901.3According to the Specialized School Ordinance, the Fifth Higher School, Department of Medicine became independent from the Fifth Higher School and established Nagasaki Specialized School of Medicine as well as its Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
1903Nagasaki Prefectural Nagasaki Hospital Training School for Nurses was established.
1905.3Nagasaki Higher Commercial School was established. (origin of today's Faculty of Economics on Katafuchi Campus)
1908.4Nagasaki Prefectural Normal School,Women's Branch became independent from Nagasaki Prefectural Norman School and established Nagasaki PrefecturalWomen's Normal School.
1917.5The Department of Overseas Trade was established in Nagasaki Higher Commercial School.
1920.11Research Building was donated to Nagasaki Higher Commercial School. (today's Keirin Hall)
1921Nagasaki Prefectural School of Teacher Training for Vocational Supplementary School Education was established in Isahaya-machi.
1922.4Nagasaki Prefecture donated Nagasaki Hospital to the Japanese government. Nagasaki Hospital was renamed Hospital of Nagasaki Specialized School of Medicine.
1922.4Nagasaki Specialized School of Medicine Training School for Nurses and Midwives was established.
1923.3Nagasaki Specialized School of Medicine was promoted to Nagasaki Medical College by the National Medical College System and established its Specialized School of Medicine and Specialized School of Pharmaceutics.
1923.3Hospital of Nagasaki Specialized School of Medicine was renamed Nagasaki Medical College Hospital and established its Training School for Nurses and Midwives.
1925.4Nagasaki Medical College, Specialized School of Medicine was discontinued.
1928The Department of Fisheries was established in Nagasaki Prefectural School of Teacher Training for Vocational Supplementary School Education. (origin of today's Faculty of Fisheries)
1929.2Nagasaki Medical College Hospital Training School for Nurses and Midwives was renamed Nagasaki Medical College Hospital Training School for Midwives and Nurses.
1929.3The Advanced Course of Trade was established in Nagasaki Higher Commercial School.
1929.12Nagasaki Medical College Nomo Marine Biological Laboratory was established.
1935.4Nagasaki Prefectural School of Teacher Training for Vocational Supplementary School Education was renamed Nagasaki Prefectural School of Teacher Training forYouth School Education.
1937.4Nagasaki prefectural Normal School was relocated to a new building in Nishiurakami-mura, Nishisonogi-gun. (site of today's Elementary School and Lower Secondary School affiliated with the Faculty of Education)
1939.5Nagasaki Medical College Temporary Specialized School of Medicine was established.
1942.3Nagasaki Prefectural School of Teacher Training forYouth School Education,Women's School was established in IsahayaWomen's High School.
1942.4Nagasaki Medical College East Asia Research Institute of Endemics was established. (origin of today's Institute of Tropical Medicine)
1942.9Nagasaki Higher Commercial School Research Building was renamed Great East Asia Economic Research Institute.
1943.4According to the Normal School Education Ordinance, Nagasaki Prefectural Normal School and Nagasaki PrefecturalWomen's Normal School were merged to establish National Nagasaki Normal School and was promoted to specialized school category.
1944.3Nagasaki Higher Commercial School was renamed Nagasaki Specialized School of Economics.
1944.4Nagasaki Specialized School of Economics established Nagasaki Specialized School of Industrial Management on its campus.
1944.4According to the Normal School Education Ordinance, Nagasaki Prefectural School of Teacher Training forYouth School Education (Men's Branch andWomen's Branch) became National NagasakiYouth Normal School, and was promoted to specialized school category. Nagasaki Prefectural School of Teacher Training forYouth School Education, Department of Fisheries was discontinued.
1944.4Nagasaki Medical College Temporary Specialized School of Medicine was renamed Nagasaki Medical College Specialized School of Medicine.
1945.6Nagasaki Medical College Hospital Training School for Midwives and Nurses was renamed Nagasaki Medical College HospitalWomen's School of PublicWelfare.
1945.8The atomic bomb was dropped in Nagasaki City. A total of 979 teachers and students were victimized: 897 from Nagasaki Medical College (including Specialized School of Medicine and Specialized School of Pharmaceutics), 54 from Nagasaki Normal School, 27 from Nagasaki Higher Commercial School, and one from NagasakiYouth Normal School.


History of Reconstruction after the atomic bombing is as follows.


DateContent
1946.4Nagasaki Specialized School of Industrial Management was discontinued. Great East Asia Economic Research Institute was renamed Institute of Industry Management.
1946.4Nagasaki Medical College East Asia Research Institute of Endemics was renamed Nagasaki Medical College Research Institute of Endemics.
1947.3Nagasaki Medical College Specialized School of Medicine was discontinued.
1947.5Nagasaki Higher School (under the old system of education) was established.
1948.4NagasakiYouth Normal School, Department of Fisheries was reestablished.
1949.5Under the National School Establishment Law, Nagasaki University merged with Nagasaki Medical College, Nagasaki Medical College Specialized School of Pharmaceutics, Nagasaki Specialized School of Economics, Nagasaki Normal School, NagasakiYouth Normal School, and Nagasaki Higher School to create a new University. It then established five faculties; Arts and Sciences (Course of Elementary School Teacher Training, Course of Lower Secondary School and High School Teacher Training), Economics (Department of Economics and Department of Commerce), Medicine (School of Medicine), Pharmaceutical Sciences (School of Pharmacy), and Fisheries (Department of Fisheries, Department of Marine Products Processing, and Department of Fishery Stock Enhancement), one library, and the Research Institute of Endemics. The Faculty of Arts and Sciences and the School of Medicine further set up the Elementary School, Lower Secondary School, Kindergarten, Hospital, and Nursing School.
1950.3Nagasaki Higher School was discontinued.
1950.5The Departments of General Education in Omura and Nagasaki Campuses were restructured to establish Nagasaki University, Omura Branch.
1951.3Junior College of Business was established.
1951.3Nursing School was established in the School of Medicine.
1951.3Nagasaki Medical College Specialized School of Pharmaceutics, Nagasaki Specialized School of Economics, Nagasaki Normal School, and NagasakiYouth Normal School were discontinued.
1951.6The Department of Student Advising on Public Welfare Matters was renamed the Student Advising Department.
1953.3The Faculty of Arts and Sciences was relocated to Ohashi-machi, Nagasaki City. (today's Bunkyo Campus)
1953.4The Special Advanced Courses were established in the Faculty of Fisheries.
1954.4Nagasaki University, Omura Branch was renamed Nagasaki University Extension Campus.
1954.4The Advanced Course was established in the Faculty of Economics.
1955.4Research Division System was introduced into the School of Medicine.
1955.4Graduate School of Medical Sciences was established.
1955.4School of Midwifery was established in the School of Medicine.
1956.1The Student Advising Department was renamed the Student Services Department.
1956.4The Advanced Course was established in the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
1960.3Nagasaki Medical College was discontinued.
1960.4The Advanced Course was established in the Faculty of Fisheries.
1962.4Atomic Bomb Disease Institute was established in the School of Medicine.
1964.4Faculty of Liberal Arts was established. (Extension Campus was discontinued)
1964.4Construction of the training ship “Nagasaki-Maru” of the Faculty of Fisheries was completed.
1965.3The Advanced Course in the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences was discontinued.
1965.4Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences was established.
1965.4The Advanced Course was established in the Faculty of Arts and Sciences.
1966.4Health Center was established.
1966.4The School of Engineering (Departments of Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering) was established.
1966.4Faculty of Arts and Sciences was renamed the Faculty of Education. The Advanced Course in the Faculty of Arts and Sciences was renamed the Advanced Course in the Faculty of Education.
1967.4School for Handicapped Children Teacher Training Course was established in the Teacher Education Division, Faculty of Education.
1967.4The Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry was established in the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
1967.4The Department of Structural Engineering was established in the School of Engineering.
1967.6Research Institute of Endemics was renamed the Institute of Tropical Medicine.
1967.6The Fisheries Laboratory was established in the Faculty of Fisheries.
1968.4The Department of Trade was established in the Faculty of Economics.
1969.4The Department of Civil Engineering was established in the School of Engineering.
1969.12Electric Computer Center was established.
1970.4The Advanced Courses in the Faculty of Fisheries were discontinued. (The Advanced Courses in Fishing, Fish Production, and Fish Breeding were discontinued, leaving in operation only the Advanced Course in Officer Training, with its name changed to the Advanced Course in Deep-sea Fishing.)
1970.4Graduate School of Fisheries was established.
1970.4The Department of Materials Science and Engineering was established in the School of Engineering.
1971.2The libraries were restructured. (Branch libraries of the Faculty of Education, the Faculty of Fisheries, the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, and the Institute of Tropical Medicine were discontinued while branch libraries of the Faculty of Economics and the School of Medicine were still continued.)
1971.4School for Handicapped Children was established in the Faculty of Education.
1971.4The Department of Commerce, Faculty of Economics was renamed the Department of Management.
1971.4The Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry was established in the Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
1971.4The Advanced Courses (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Structural Engineering) were established in the School of Engineering.
1972.4The Department of Industrial Chemistry was established in the School of Engineering.
1972.5Atomic Bomb Medical Information Center was established in the School of Medicine.
1972.5Medicinal Plant Garden was established in the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
1973.4The Departments of Fishing, Fish Production, and Fish Breeding of the Faculty of Fisheries were restructured to establish the Department of Fisheries.
1973.4The Advanced Course in Civil Engineering was established in the School of Engineering.
1973.4Educational Engineering Center was established in the Faculty of Education.
1974.4The Departments of Fishing, Fish Production, and Fish Breeding of the Graduate School of Fisheries were restructured to established the Department of Fisheries.
1974.4The Advanced Course in Materials Science and Engineering was established in the School of Engineering.
1974.4The Kindergarten Teacher Training Course was established in the Teacher Education Division, Faculty of Education.
1974.4Atomic Bomb Medical Information Center was renamed the Scientific Data Center for Atomic Bomb Disaster.
1974.4The Reference Room for the Tropical Medicine was established in the Institute of Tropical Medicine.
1975.4Construction of the training ship “Kakuyo- Maru” of the Faculty of Fisheries was completed.
1975.6Drainage Analysis Center was established.
1976.4The Department of Electronic Engineering was established in the School of Engineering.
1976.4Graduate School of Engineering Science was established.
1976.4Shimabara Joint Training Center for National Universities in Kyushu Area was established.
1977.4The Department of Civil Engineering was established in the Graduate School of Engineering Science.
1977.4The Advanced Courses (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Structural Engineering) in the School of Engineering were discontinued.
1977.4The preparatory office for founding of the School of Dentistry was established.
1977.4The Department of Commerce, Junior College of Business was renamed the Department of Commerce and Economics (Economics & Law and Management Information).
1978.3RI Center was established.
1978.4The Department of Mechanical Engineering II was established in the School of Engineering.
1979.4Animal Research Center for Tropical Infections was established in the Institute of Tropical Medicine.
1979.4The Branch Library of the School of Medicine was renamed the Medical Library.
1979.5Information Center was established (Electric Computer Center was discontinued).
1979.10The Department of Dentistry, School of Dentistry was established.
1979.10The preparatory office for founding of the School of Dentistry was discontinued.
1979.11Drainage Analysis Science Center was established. (Drainage Analysis Center was discontinued.)
1980.4Laboratory Animal Center for Biomedical Research was established in the School of Medicine.
1980.4The preparatory office for founding of the University Hospital of the School of Dentistry was established.
1981.4The Department of Electronic Engineering was established in the Graduate School of Engineering Science.
1982.4University Hospital of the School of Dentistry was established.
1982.4The preparatory office for founding of the University Hospital of the School of Dentistry was discontinued.
1982.4The Divisions of Economics & Law and Management Information, Department of Commerce and Economics, Junior College of Business were reorganized into the Divisions of Economics, Economic Law, and Management Information.
1983.4The Department of Mechanical Engineering II was established in the Graduate School of Engineering Science.
1983.4The preparatory office for founding of the School of Allied Medical Sciences was established.
1983.4International House was established.
1984.4School of Allied Medical Sciences (Department of Nursing) was established.
1984.4The preparatory office for founding of the School of Allied Medical Sciences was discontinued.
1984.4Junior College of Business was renamed the Junior College of Commerce.
1984.418 divisions of the Department of Fisheries, Faculty of Fisheries were reorganized into six large ones.
1984.10The Departments of Physical Therapy and Work Therapy were established in the School of Allied Medical Sciences.
1986.4Nursing School, School of Medicine was discontinued.
1986.4Graduate School of Dentistry was established.
1986.4The Departments of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Chemistry of the Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences were restructured to establish the Department of Medical Pharmacy (Master's and Doctoral courses).
1986.4The Departments of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Chemistry of the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences were restructured to establish the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
1986.4Center for Practical Education Research and Training was established in the Faculty of Education. (Educational Engineering Center was discontinued.)
1986.6Center for Measurement Analysis was established.
1986.6Center for International Student Advising was established.
1986.9Environmental Protection Center was established. (Drainage Analysis Science Center was discontinued.)
1987.4The School of Midwifery, School of Medicine was discontinued.
1987.4The Department of Marine Science and Development was established in the Graduate School of Engineering Science (Doctoral course).
1987.4The Diploma Course (Midwifery) was established in the School of Allied Medical Sciences.
1988.4Graduate School of Marine Science and Engineering was established (Doctoral course).
1988.4The Department of Marine Science and Development was transferred from the Graduate School of Engineering Science to the Graduate School of Marine Science and Engineering.
1988.4The Departments of Electric Engineering and Electronic Engineering of the School of Engineering were restructured to establish the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
1988.4Information Science Center was established. (Information Center was discontinued.)
1989.5Institute of Tropical Medicine was promoted to the National Collaborative Institute.
1990.4The Departments of Mechanical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering Ⅱ of the School of Engineering were restructured to establish the Department of Mechanical Systems Engineering.
1990.6Joint Research Center was established.
1991.4In the Faculty of Economics, eight divisions of the Department of Economics were reorganized into three large ones; eight divisions of the Department of Business were reorganized into two large ones, and six divisions of the Department of Trade were reorganized into two large ones of the Department of Finance.
1991.4In the School of Engineering, four divisions of the Department of Structural Engineering were reorganized into two large ones; four divisions of the Department of Civil Engineering were reorganized into two large ones; four divisions of the Department of Materials Science and Engineering were reorganized into two large ones; and four divisions of the Department of Industrial Chemistry were reorganized into two large ones of the Department of Applied Chemistry.
1991.4Radioisotope Research Center was established. (RI Center was discontinued.)
1992.4The Departments of Electrical Engineering and Electronic Engineering of the Graduate School of Engineering Science were restructured to establish the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
1993.4Education and Research Center for Life-long Learning was established.
1994.4Graduate School of Education was established.
1994.4The Advanced Course in the Faculty of Education was discontinued.
1994.4The Departments of Mechanical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering Ⅱ of the Graduate School of Engineering Science were restructured to establish the Department of Mechanical Systems Engineering.
1994.610 divisions of the Institute of Tropical Medicine were reorganized into three large ones.
1995.4Graduate School of Economics was established.
1995.4The Advanced Course in the Faculty of Economics was discontinued.
1995.4The Department of Industrial Chemistry of the Graduate School of Engineering Science was renamed the Department of Applied Chemistry.
1996.5International Student Center was established. (Center for International Student Advising was discontinued.)
1997.4Atomic Bomb Disease Institute was established in the School of Medicine. (Atomic Bomb Disease Institute and Scientific Data Center for Atomic Bomb Disaster were discontinued.)
1997.4Marine Research Institute was established in the Faculty of Fisheries. (Fisheries laboratory was discontinued.)
1997.4Tropical Information Center was established in the Institute of Tropical Medicine. (The reference Room for the Tropical Medicine was discontinued.)
1997.10Faculty of Environmental Studies was established.
1997.10Faculty of Liberal Arts was discontinued.
1997.10The Departments of Economics, Business, and Finance of the Faculty of Economics were restructured to establish the Department of General Economics.
1998.4The Elementary School Teacher Training Course, Lower Secondary School Teacher Training Course, Disabled Children's School Teacher Training Course, and Kindergarten Teacher Training Course of the Faculty of Education were reorganized into the Teacher Education Division and the Information Technology and Cultural Studies Division.
1998.4The Divisions of Physical Education and Home Economics were established in the Department of Curriculum & Teaching, Graduate School of Education.
1998.4The Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science of the School of Engineering was reorganized into the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering and the Department of Computer and Information Sciences.
1998.4Center for Instrumental Analysis was established. (Center for Measurement Analysis was discontinued.)
1999.4The Department of Clinical Pharmacy was established in the Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
1999.4The position of Vice President was established. (Director of the Student Services Department was discontinued.)
1998.4The Student Affairs Department was established in accordance with the merger of the Administration Bureau with the Student Services Department (Student Services Department was discontinued).
2000.4The Divisions of Social Studies Education and Natural Science Education were established in the Department of Education, Graduate School of Education.
2000.4The Department of Infectious Research was established in the Graduate School of Medical Sciences.
2000.4Graduate School of Science and Technology was established.
2000.4Gene Research Center was established.
2000.4Junior College of Commerce was discontinued.
2001.4The Department of Marine Production and the Department of Marine Resource of the Graduate School of Marine Science and Engineering were reorganized into the Department of Marine Science and Technology and the Department of Material Science, respectively.
2001.4Center for Education Research and Training was established. (Center for Practical Education Research and Training was discontinued.)
2001.4Research Center for Tropical Infectious Diseases was established in the Institute of Tropical Medicine. (Tropical Disease Information Center was discontinued.)
2001.4One large and 31 small divisions of the School of Medical Sciences, School of Medicine were reorganized into six large ones.
2001.10The School of Health Sciences was established in the School of Medicine.
2002.4Graduate School of Environmental Studies was established.
2002.4Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences was established.
2002.4Research and Development Center for Higher Education was established.
2002.4Admission Center was established.
2002.4Six large divisions of the School of Medical Sciences, School of Medicine were reorganized into four large ones.
2002.418 small divisions of the Department of Dentistry, School of Dentistry were reorganized into three large ones.
2002.4Four large divisions of the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences were reorganized into two large ones.
2003.4Atomic Bomb Disease Institute and the Medicinal Plant Garden were transferred from the School of Medicine to the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences.
2003.4Center for Frontier Life Sciences was established. (Radioisotope Research Center, Gene Research Center, and Biomedical Research Center were discontinued.)
2003.10University Hospital of Medicine and Dentistry were established (University Hospitals of the School of Medicine and the School of Dentistry were restructured).
2004.4Nagasaki University was established by the Nagasaki University, National University Corporation under the National University Corporation Law.
2004.4The Department of Managerial Decision Making was established in the Graduate School of Economics (Doctoral course).
2004.4The Departments of Policies for the Human- Environmental Symbiosis (Master's course), Environmental Conservation and Planning (Master's course), and Environmental Science (Doctoral course) were established in the Graduate School of Science and Technology.
2004.4The Diploma Course in the Faculty of Fisheries was discontinued.
2004.4Intellectual Property Center was established.
2004.12Information Media Center was established. (Information Science Center was discontinued)
2004.12Joint Research Center was established. (Joint Research Center, Center for Instrumental Analysis, and Environmental Protection Center were discontinued.)
2005.4The Headquarters for Planning and Evaluation was established.
2005.4Center for International Collaborative Research was established.
2005.4Institute for East China Sea Research was established. (Marine Research Center, Faculty of Fisheries was discontinued.)
2005.4Center for Total Human Education and Child Welfare was established. (available for a limited time only)
2005.4School of Allied Medical Sciences was discontinued.
2006.2The Department of Marine Science and Technology, Graduate School of Science and Technology was discontinued.
2006.4Master of Tropical Medicine and Master of Health Sciences were established in the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences.
2006.4The Department of Pharmacy, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences was reorganized into Pharmacy (six-year program) and Pharmaceutical Sciences (four-year program).
2006.5Graduate School of Dentistry was discontinued.
2006.7Nagasaki University Organization for Cooperation of Industry, University, and Government was established.
2007.2Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences was discontinued.
2007.3Graduate School of Environmental Studies was discontinued.
2008.4The Information Technology and Cultural Studies Division of the Faculty of Education was merged into the Teacher Education Division.
2008.4The Department of Teaching Skills Development and Practice (Master's Course) and the Department of Teaching Training and Practice (Professional Degree Program) were established in the Graduate School of Education.
2008.4Graduate School of International Health Development was established.
2008.4Center for Infectious Disease Research in Asia and Africa and Tropical Medicine Museum were established in the Institute of Tropical Medicine. Research Center for Tropical Infectious Diseases was discontinued.
2008.4Health Center was reorganized into the Center for Health and Community Medicine.
2009.4University Hospital of Medicine and Dentistry was restructured and renamed University Hospital.
2009.10Center for Gender Equality was established. (arailable for a limited time only)
2010.4Master's Course in Pharmaceutical Sciences was established in the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences.
2010.4Center for Public Relations Strategy was established.
2010.4Center for International Collaborative Research Nagasaki University Tokyo Office was established.
2010.4Advanced Computing Center was established.
2010.11Center for International Collaborative Research Nagasaki University Tokyo Office was restructured to establish Nagasaki University Tokyo Office.
2011.4School of Engineering's seven Departments (Mechanical Systems Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Computer and Information Sciences, Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, and Applied Chemistry) were restructured into one Department, Engineering.
2011.4Graduate School of Science and Technology was restructured to establish Graduate School of Engineering and Graduate School of Fisheries Science and Environmental Studies.
2011.4Institute of Tropical Medicine's three Departments were restructed into four Department
2011.4Institute for East China Sea Research was restructured to establish Institute for East China Sea Research affiliated with Graduate School of Fisheries Science and Environmental Studies.
2011.4Center for Total Human Education and Child Welfare was discontinued.
2011.6Center for Industry, University and Government Cooperation was established. (Intellectual Property Center Joint Research Center and Education and Research Center for Lifelong Learning were discontinued.)
2011.12Research Promotion Section was established.
2012.1Medical Innovation Center was established.
2012.4Master and Doctoral courses of Pharmaceutical Sciences were established in the Graduated School of Biomedical Sciences.
2012.4The Graduate School of Medical Sciences closed.
2012.4Center for Language Studies was established.
2012.4Research Center for Nuclear Weapons Abolition was established.